Thursday, March 18, 2010

Recent Sketches - March '10

In an effort to update this blog more regularly, here are a few sketches I did recently. All of these were at the Wednesday illustration group I've been attending: Friends of the Nib.


Condorman & Gangster Stan Lee star in "The Battle For Neptune"
What started as a caricature of Stan Lee morphed into an elderly gangster, and Disney superhero Condorman appears thanks to some old comics sitting nearby. The illustrator next to me was drawing Neptune... so it only made sense that they'd be fighting over control of it. Right?


An Echidna with a Gatling Gun
The Gatling gun makes more sense if you read up on echidnas. I'm not sure what sort of accent he has, though it doesn't sound like Australian, which would be the logical assumption.

(Oh, and please ignore the fact that I misspelled "Gatlin'" in that drawing. It's probably to my credit that I don't know how to spell firearm names without looking them up online.)


Maxwell Thorton Jr. - Hunting Gent
This chap will hopefully appear in a card game idea I've been playing around with.

1 comment:

s.i. michaels said...

This reminds me--I was thinking we should play MFM one of these days. Think you could tempt Johnny up from Federal Way?