Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Figure Drawing - June 15th

I recently learned about a new Figure Drawing Group that meets every other Monday in Seattle's International District, and finally got a chance to attend last night. This was my first time drawing from a model since college (so, like, 10 years ago), so it was interesting and challenging to get back into the swing of things.

The session is broken up into three parts: One hour of 5 minute poses, one hour of 10 minute poses, and one hour of 20 minute poses. Below are my three sketches from the final hour.





As you can tell from these drawings, the model had a sprained ankle, so most of the poses she held were in a sitting position. Even at 20 minutes a pose, I still feel like these are just getting the rough details down. I'm hoping to continue to attend the group, so perhaps I'll post more drawings here in the future, and we can watch how my technique (hopefully) progresses.

No comments: