Thursday, July 1, 2010

Figure Drawing - June 28th

When fellow Bureaucrat, Tom, initially told me about the figure drawing group in the International District, he said something to the effect of: "The first time you go, you'll love it. The second time, you'll hate your art." And, I have to say that now I know what he's talking about. While the model provided us with a lot more dynamic poses this time around (owing partially to the fact that she didn't have a sprained ankle like the last model), my own drawings seems more stiff and awkward. Still, I did a couple illustrations that I thought turned out pretty decent.

The first one was, I believe, a 15 minute pose. The second was more like 45 minutes. And, yes, in the first one, the model did wrap a scarf around her head like that.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think you're being hard on yourself--these look great!