Tuesday, August 24, 2010

SAM Remix appearance

To quote myself on Facebook:
Do you like Fun? What about Art? Music? Me? If you answered "yes" to at least one of those things, you should come see me and the Bureau of Drawers at the Olympic Sculpture Garden this Friday. We'll be drawing. Outside. Starting at 8pm. I'll say it again: Fun.

The Bureau of Drawers, including me, will be engaging in some public illustration this Friday at the Olympic Sculpture Garden as part of SAM Remix. I'm really excited that we are part of what should be an exciting night of art and music. The whole line up sounds interesting:

* Houston-based artist Trenton Doyle Hancock discusses his brand new installation for the PACCAR Pavilion
* Enjoy SunTzu Sound’s cosmic blend of urban cultures and organic rhythms.
* Truckasauras rocks the party with an explosive lo-fi live set.
* Seattle Percussion Collective provides a sunset soundtrack to Richard Serra’s "Wake".
* Writer Amber Flame responds to the work of Trenton Doyle Hancock.
* Collaborate with visual artist Mandy Greer using recycled materials.
* Dance under the stars to the global beats of I Heart Shiva.
* Contribute to a massive collaborative comic drawing with the Bureau of Drawers.
* The band Library Science rouses the senses with aural and visual delights.
* Susie Lee presents a dance, music, and digital drawing project.
* Try this spontaneous one-line poetry form derived by Allen Ginsberg from haiku.
* My Favorite Things Tours with artist Jenny Heishman, writer Michael Dylan Welch, Seattle Weekly's Victoria Ellison, art critic Jen Graves and others.

Personally, I have a soft spot for I Heart Shiva, since I first met my wife at Seattle's the Baltic Room, during an I Heart Shiva night. But, the real action will certainly (or at least hopefully) be the collaborative illustration project lead by the Bureau of Drawers, so come check it out!

No comments: