Wednesday, October 6, 2010

COMBO #1: The other pieces

In my previous post, I posted one of the four images that I created for the UrbanLight Combo #1 gallery show. Today, I thought it was about time to show off the other three prints, titled ABC, GHI and JKL respectively.





As you've probably correctly guess, these four illustrations are part of a set which spans the entire alphabet. For each, I found a word for each of the three letters (five letters for the last piece) and then constructed an image which incorporates those words. Just because that wasn't heavy-handed each piece is one of the colors of the rainbow.

There will eventually be four more illustrations in this series. Those four illustrations have been draw, and were included in the coloring book in the Combo #1 box, but I haven't colored them yet. I hope to do this sometime in the near future.

Did you miss the Combo #1 Show? Well, that definitely wasn't your last chance to check out some of my art and the art of my fellow Bureaucrats! In fact, this Friday, at Cafe Racer, we will be hosting a special "Monster" themed show: The 1st Annual Monstrous Halloween Art Show!



For this show, I will only have one piece. But, unlike the four pieces in the UrbanLight show, which will all giclee prints, this is will be a hand-drawn and inked piece.

Anyhow, details about the opening are on Dalton's flier above. Hope to see you there!

No comments: