Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Intricate"


Client: Personal Project
Description: Submission for Illustration Friday website, for the topic of "Intricate." Actually, for this illustration, there are two versions that I considered using: The colored one above, and the black and white one featured below. While I thought the black and white one might better highlight the "intricate" part of the picture, I ultimately went with the colorful one, who's pallete was inspired by a photo of dyes in India.


Let me know which you prefer!

7 comments:

denise said...

Nice work! I really like the liveliness of the colored version.

Duncan said...

I prefer the b&w one myself - highlights the design on the arm more.

Christy said...

The colored one is so pretty. I think the composition draws your eye into the arm designs whether the colors are there or not, so I prefer the first one.

The General said...

So, we are at 2 to 1 for the color version, so far! :)

Thanks for all the feedback and compliments everyone! I really appreciate them!

Nathanael Lark said...

These are both gorgeous. I really like your use of the shadow and also the colored contour lines. Stunning work.

Unknown said...

nice! I like the black & white with the henna tat color highlight.

JJ Abodeely said...

Looks good General! I passed your site along to a designer dude I know. When are we going to play Move!Fight!Move!?