Wednesday, March 16, 2011

'09 Wine Label: Secret Cellars

As some of you no doubt know, in addition to illustration and design, I also make my own wine. Which, of course, means that I get to design the labels too. Some of my earlier labels are featured elsewhere on this blog and on my portfolio website. But, I thought I'd share this years label, for the 2009 Secret Cellars Syrah.



The "secret cellars" is a reference to the wine-making room that my dad and I have been building in the back of mine and Sarah's detached garage. It's still a work in progress, but we are happy with how its coming along. The owl is a plastic barn owl, which we've been using as our unofficial mascot since we started making wine in my dad's basement. The wood texture is from one of the walls of the room.

And, for good measure, here's a photo of the whole "family" featuring (from left to right): 2006 Round the World Red, 2007 Ranger Rick Red, 2008 Stella Rose's Stellar Red and the previously mentioned Secret Cellars.

No comments: