Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Daffy Dervish"



Client: Gallery (206)
Description: Illustration created as my contribution to a collaborative installation art piece.

If you want, you can pretend its some sort of commentary on "East vs. West" or "Religion vs. Popular Culture" or "Old vs. New." But, the reality is that I just sort of thought it would be kick to draw a dervish plowing through a bunch of early Disney knock-offs. "Whirling Dervish" was a term that, when I was younger, used to conjure up the image of the Warner Brothers' Tasmanian Devil. So, it just sort of amused me to draw an actual dervish stepping into that roll.

Anyhow, as I mentioned this will be featured in an installation piece sometime -presumably- later this year. (I'll post more details here, as I know them.) But, I was happy enough with this drawing that I wanted to share it now.

No comments: