Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Studio (206) and Economy of Line

Recently, I contributed a piece (hint: it's the illustration in the previous entry) to the Gallery (206) Project, and last night the piece had its big opening. A re-purposed phonebooth, each of its 19 glass panels contains and original piece of art by a local artist, and inside, it contains an audio piece in the phone receiver and art by 206 other local artists in the "phonebook."

Crappy cellphone image of the booth, I'll upload better images when I get the chance.

Edit! New photos!
Here I am, standing in the phonebooth. Please, disregard the odd look on my face. Hmmmm...

The phonebook, open to my page. I still want to go back and check out the phonebook again when I have more time. Such a cool piece. I'd love ot have a copy.

Anyhow, it turned out pretty amazing. I only had a little time inside the booth, but looking through the phonebook, both the art and its presentation was excellent. Finger's crossed that project organizer, Todd Jannausch considers making copies of it available for sale, because I'd love a copy to fill through at my leisure.

I'm not sure how long the gallery will be up (or how long it will last when exposed to the roving hordes of Pioneer Square), but try to check it out if you have the chance.

Looking for another opportunity to see my work and see the work of other amazing Seattle-based illustrators? Well, look no further that the Bureau of Drawer's upcoming Economy of Line one-night show. To quote the press release:

UrbanLight Studios and The Bureau of Drawers are proud to announce "Economy Of Line", an all-new, live-drawing event and gallery show running one night only during the Greenwood-Phinney ArtWalk, June 10, from 6pm-10pm.

"Economy of Line" will feature twenty artists from the Seattle-based art collective The Bureau of Drawers creating original art on the spot and before the very eyes of visitors to the Greenwood Collective's UrbanLight Studios. All art will be for sale, and the artists will be working out in the open to meet and greet all attendees. Watch us build a gallery show while you watch - the walls will fill as the night carries on.

Artists participating in the evening include Lillian Beaty, Breanne Boland, Nikki Burch, Sean Closson, Sara DeRosier, Tom Dougherty, Scott Faulkner, Nico Feliciano, Tyler Hill, Justin Ison, Jon Morris, Marc Palm, Sean Robinson, Lawrence Ruelos, Mark Stockbridge, Stevie VanBronkhorst, Tom Van Deusen and Adam Watson.

Join Urbanlight Studios and the Bureau of Drawers during the Greenwood-Phinney Artwalk on June 10 for a night of live drawing like no other!


And here's the poster, designed by fellow Bureaucrat, Calamity Jon Morris:

No comments: